Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Waiting on a winter storm...

Tuesday has arrived, now we will see if it brings the winter storm that has been the hot topic for the past few days. The weather guru's are telling us we will receive 6 to 16 inches of snow with lots of wind. A few area schools called school off for the day, some had late starts, and some with early dismissals.
I started this post this morning, but got called into work early. So...instead of it being 8 am it is almost 5 pm. Everyone kept an eye on a window watching and wondering when 'it' will start. The bewitching hour of 3:00 came and went with no sign of the approaching blizzard-- although it was cloudy, winds were calm and it was 37 degrees. I finished at work about 3:00 and ran to do a couple of errands before heading home. Some wet flakes started falling shortly after 4:00. I got home, put my things away, changed clothes and now- not even an hour later- we have this. Guess it has found us. Stop by tomorrow and I will give you a peek at what our first real storm of the winter left behind. I sure am glad it is almost March--this stuff shouldn't stick around too long no matter how much we get. Good to be home for the evening!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to move back to the south, LOL. In Ohio it is suppose to be 65 and rain tomorrow. Have fun in all that white stuff.
    Warm Wishes,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kim! I can honestly say that this is one winter I have not minded living in South Dakota. It has been beautiful! I am thrilled it is almost March before we had a snowstorm...it is so pretty out and fortunately it will not stick around real long! I would have to admit I am a little jealous of 65 though!
    Keep dry,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!