Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A new creation and a thrift shop find!

Wow- where do the days go!
First I have a picture for a team challenge to create a 'destash' item from things in your studio. I come up with this teenie Annie, made some flowers out of muslin that I stained last fall and added some other stash items in a watering can. Then I stood back and thought 'How would I ever mail this without the greens getting 'injured' during transportation?' Guess its back to the think tank for another creation. This one will have to hang around until craft shows this fall-probably have to substitute a crow for the cardinal!
I decided to take a break one day last week. A friend and I toured the thrift shops around town to see if we could come up with any treasures to create with. I found a couple of things for the shop, however- I was most excited about this old iron I found for $2.50! The sole plate is missing but I still thought it was cool!
And I had the perfect home for it on top of the vintage sewing machine my Mother-in-Law gave me. I need to stand the old wooden ironing board beside it that I got at an auction last year. Well, time to get to work- have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Your Annie and flowers in the watering can are so cute, but I can see how that would be pretty much impossible to ship without damage!

    The iron is great, I love it when I come across old treasures for small amounts of money!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bargains are the best- I love thrift shops and auctions.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well your destash creation is adorable, even if you couldn't ship it! And LOVE your old iron, what a steal of a deal! Thanks for sharing about my giveaway Deb, good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! And you are welcome. I need to get a giveaway organized- I want to try my first one next month for my shop anniversary. I just need to figure out how to 'conduct' it. Might me emailing you for help!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!