Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Skinny Uncle Sam and a Prize!

What a great day! I have enjoyed all the comments on my Uncle Sam, the chubby years. He already has been adopted and will be on his way to a new home tomorrow.
Today I worked on another version...here is Uncle Sam, after several months with Weight Watchers. He is considerably thinner and no tummy!


AND... the mailman delivered a special box today.  I received the prize that I won from Deb over at Paxton Valley Folk Art.   His name is Avery and he is the most adorable owl!  Deb also included a bonus drawer hanger. How much fun is that!
Thank You so much for the awesome giveaway, Deb!

8 comments:

  1. Well, Weight Watcher's has done Uncle Sam wonders, he's looking great! Congratulations on selling his 'chunky' brother and I'm so glad Avery arrived and that you like him! Thanks again for entering my giveaway Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I do love Avery and look forward to your next giveaway!
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Gosh Deb the Uncle Sam is adorable just as your chubby one was! Happy to hear of the adoption! Congrats on the win. Deb's work is great!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicky! These guys are kind of special to me as I created the pattern for them. That makes the compliments even sweeter! I can create from others patterns without a problem, but I always wonder if people would like my own 'scratch' creations.
      Deb

      Delete
  3. I love Deb's owl and you were so lucky to win! Your Uncle Sam is cute! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the owl is adorable!
      Glad you like Uncle Sam-I was inspired to make a pattern from a customer request.
      Have a great day-looks like rain here, we sure could use it!
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Your Uncle Sam's are so adorable Deb! I don't know which I like better, the chubby or skinny one... they're both wonderful!

    Congrats on your owl! He is a cutie! Have a wonderful weekend, my sweet friend~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angie-
    Thank You for your kind remarks! It is so good for my ego-especially since I created these guys from scratch. I am always a little nervous when I share on of my original creations.
    Happy Sunday to you-
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!