Sunday, June 3, 2012

Closet project done!

I'm done with my big summer projects-hurrah!! Can you hear my huge sign of relief?  Here is my walk in closet with wall paper and carpet removed, and walls patched. Our home had LOTS of wallpaper when we moved in, and most of it was over bare sheet rock...not good. This closet is one of the last rooms I have to tackle. You can see the original closet size from the remaining 'divider' in the ceiling. We expanded it earlier and re-wall papered at the time...pretty silly in hind sight! 
And here it is all painted with new carpet and the bars, drawers and shelves re-installed. Amazing what a difference a can of paint, piece of carpet and a few of days of elbow grease can make. (Things seems to take so much longer in life than in my mind!) I painted the attached bathroom to match while I was at it...I am just a glutton for punishment (so I have been told). 
I had to add a few more pictures of my back yard. It is very shaded so you can see I have LOTS of hostas (over 100 different ones at my last count). There are coral bells, ferns, astilbee, pig squeek, clematis and some grasses in between hostas. I have everything from giants, like the T-Rex next to the angel in the first picture, to some tiny Pandora's Box and Mouse ears at the bottom of the second picture... unfortunately they don't show up very well (dang amateur photographer).



I can hear my craft room calling- I can hardly wait to get back to less labor intensive activity! Hopefully next week I will actually have pictures to share of new items for my Etsy shop. What a thought!
Everyone take care and have a great day-
Deb

13 comments:

  1. Good afternoon, Deb,
    My goodness, you have been busy. I think I see a backyard party in your future!

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend. When do you work this week? ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie-
      I see a backyard party or two, also! I'm definitely ready to relax a little.

      I work on Thursday. How does your week look?
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Awwww, Deb, these are such wonderful pictures! The closet is amazing and your yard looks so inviting! Hurray for you, indeed!! Looking forward to your Etsy creations now!
    }}Hugs{{
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vicky!
      Wish I could have a yard party for all my OFG friends...how fun would that be?
      I am definitely ready to get to those patterns!
      Take Care,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Fabulous space Deb. My you have been busy!
    Now hopefully time for fun!
    Love your yard.
    Enjoy,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Barb!
      I am ready to take it a little easier...my muscles are sure telling me to take a break already :0)
      Take Care,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Wow, the difference is amazing! I have to tackle my bathroom and kitchen this summer.UGH
    Love your back yard. I am working on mine now, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valerie!
      The closet has been on my 'To Do' list for 3 years now-figured it was time to bite the bullet. Sometimes thinking about doing projects is actually worse than just getting to it and getting it done. Plus you feel sooo good when you are finished...sore but good!

      I have been creating my yard space for about 5 years now. I think I am at the point of enjoy and maintain now...hopefully!!

      Good luck with your projects-are you doing 'freshen up' or remodels in your kitchen & bath? I look forward to pictures-

      Take Care,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Your closet looks great! It's so nice and neat :) Mine is soooooo not neat :( Love all your plants too....I am impressed you even know all the names.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim,
    Thanks so much- we will see how neat it stays. LOL! I joined a garden club a couple of years ago and have learned a lot from them. I have to admit- I would have to think real hard to remember names of at least a couple of the plants in my yard!
    Take care,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see you've been busy! It reminds me of my 'to do'-list. My guestroom needed a redo, so I removed the wall paper and painted a primer two years ago. Time to bite the bullet and add a few more layers of paint. I still don't feel like it. :-)

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Goedele,
    I'm thinking of throwing my 'to-do' list away...maybe I can forget something I think I need to do! LOL!!

    Sometimes it really is hard to complete a project-this closet has been on my list for at least 3 years now. Sounds like you have the hard part of your bedroom done-I like to paint- just don't like to clean up!

    Take care,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Deb, love your new closet space! How wonderful to gain so much room! Might as well paint the bathroom while you are at it. Aren't you glad you did now? I'm sure it all looks wonderful!

    I also love the new yard space that you've created, wow what a difference! Also lots of work but it looks fabulous!

    Now sit back and enjoy all the newness you've created. =]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!