Sunday, December 16, 2012

Special orders and Shopping

Here is what has been going on in my studio as the year draws to an end...
 This was a special request for Michelle. She sent me the pattern and wanted the doll dressed in reds and asked if I could make a puppy for her. Here is how she turned out.

I made these terry cloth "Remember Me" bears and dressed them with shirts made from a special Grandpa's shirts. They are going to join some made earlier this fall.
A friend requested a Santa Kitty made from warm and natural. I wasn't sure how he would look but he did turn out cute!
Friday I decided it was a good idea to make the 200 mile journey to the fabric stores see what I could find. I have been taking advantage of some of the online sales to rebuild my fabric stash, but some times it is fun to go to the stores! I hit JoAnn's coupon sale, found some bargains at Hancock Fabrics and rounded it out with a trip into Hobby Lobby.  A perfect day in my book! LOL!
Found lots of fleece, muslin, terry cloth and flannel. I have plush felt coming in the mail...I should be all ready to start creating for next year!

Now I need to clean and reorganize my rooms (that will be no easy task), fit in my new purchases and start crafting...after Christmas, of course!

Best Wishes for a glorious Christmas and the Happiest of New Years to my wonderful family, friends and followers!
Deb

5 comments:

  1. You are so talented. I love those bears, so cute.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New year. Look forward to see what you come up with next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claudia!
      I am anxious to see what I come up with too! :)
      I have a few new patterns waiting for me now-can't wait to find more!

      Delete
  2. How great to be so far ahead of the game...Joann's always have such wonderful sales
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to plan with everything so far away. I have been waiting for a coupon commotion sale-I am glad the weather cooperated so I could make the trip. One more day of cleaning and organizing and I should be ready to start sewing again!

      Delete
  3. That doll is right up my alley. Totally my style. I have a 'doll'-board on Pinterest. Can I pin her?

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!