Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Playing With My New Camera

Happy New Year and Best Wishes for a Wonderful 2013!

I decided it would be nice to have a 'Do Nothing' day...sort of.  I bought a new camera last fall and haven't had a lot of time to learn how to use it. I've been reading my 'Dummies' book these last few days, so I decided to see if I have learned anything. Here are some pictures of Valentine's items I was getting ready for my Etsy shop.

I have set up a "white box" area with several lights so I would have a consistent look for every shot. Sigh...it was a good thought! Seems I can't get the background white to look the same on all my pictures even though they are all photographed the same. Appears I need more work with the editing software. (Sounds like a good goal for 2013.) I guess we will see if I get more accomplished as the year goes by- wish me luck! Feel free to pass on any photography advice-it looks like the camera cannot take great pictures all by itself :0) Cheers for the New Year- Deb

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Deb and congrats on that new camera

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb,
    Your photos are looking great to me! Love your fun creations!
    Best to you in 2013!
    Enjoy,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any advice for you because I don't know how to use my camera, hehe but I think your pictures are great! I can't tell that much difference on the backgrounds but your handmades really stand out and the details show up great so I think you are doing a wonderful job!

    Best wishes on getting it figured out~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!